Main function of job (in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required):
To carry out all aspects of heating and plumbing related installation, breakdown, maintenance and servicing work to meet the needs of the company.
- Carry out servicing, breakdown and maintenance work on all types of gas, boiler, plumbing and heating systems.
- Carry out all aspects of gas, boiler, plumbing and heating installation work as required.
- Carry out Landlord gas safety inspections.
- Carry out heating and plumbing inspections for contract suitability.
- Carry out heating related site surveys and prepare specifications for surveyors as required.
- Accept responsibility for your allocated standby duty to ensure coverage at all times.
- Carry out all work to the highest professional standards in compliance with all gas, water and building regulations.
- Mentor, train and assist in apprentice’s development as required.
- Provide and maintain all hand tools as required by your role.
- Be fully available at all times by telephone during your working hour unless governed by law.
- Ensure all aspect of the companies Health & Safety policy is adopted at all times.
- Accept responsibility for hitting all performance targets as set by your line manager.
- Ensure all aspects of your gas industry qualifications are kept in date.
- Ensure all paperwork including parts orders, timesheet, quotations and PDA data is kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Actively seek to upsell, cross sell and promote all aspect of the company’s sales portfolio when opportunities arise.
- Carry out all other reasonable instructions as requested
Supervisory responsibilities / position in structure:
To assist in the development of apprentices and junior engineers
80/20 Site based in the South East and all other condition’s as per Employment contract.